Job Posting: Organic Lawn Care Specialist & Coordinator
Seeking experienced lawn care and eco-minded staff for growing gas-free organic lawn care business operating in Fairfield, New Haven & Westchester Counties.
Our mission is simply to get the gas off the grass! 5-10% of the US carbon footprint (EPA estimate) and other air pollution is attributed to gas-based lawn care—we hope to avoid this point source pollution by promoting zero-emission, electric and organic lawn care. We use all battery-powered gear charged with either solar or 100% renewable electric energy and MowGreen buys carbon credits to offset gas used in vehicles for transport between work sites, making us a carbon-neutral company. We also want to help people reduce their lawns, ideally with native and edible plants. Less lawn mowing and more food growing!
Our vision is to create a national network of locally managed and centrally supported eco-friendly gardening and lawn care. Due to our success and rapid growth, we are seeking to expand our team. Join us in the movement!
Our values include Reduction, Ecology, Ethics, Life-sustaining, Respect, Effectiveness, Efficiency, & Lasting value (REEL).
Full or part-time staff. Some training and study materials are provided.
- Duties: Basic lawn care (mowing, weeding, trimming, clean up), spreading and spraying all organic material, proper equipment handling and maintenance, recording of time and materials at each site via mobile phone, and occasional customer interaction to assure satisfaction. As a growing company other development areas staff may get involved in are front and back-office operations like marketing, sales, internet & social media presence, accounting, business planning, etc.
- Hours: ~40 hours/week, 5 days/week
- (Flexible and variable hours, subject to change based on weekly fluctuations in client schedule)
- Time frame:
- MowGreen’s season runs from April through November and sometimes into December to finish clean ups. This position may extend into later months for administrative and marketing purposes during the off-season.
- Compensation: Depends on experience and abilities.
- Experience with lawn care and/or landscaping
- Passion for a healthier environment (eco-mindedness/alignment with our values)
- Knowledge of flowers, other plants and trees, & insects a plus
- Electronic calendaring and CRM experience a plus
- Driver’s license preferred